Britt asked me yesterday what my goals were.
Now she was asking about a different matter, but it got me thinking. Britt believes that stating your goals out loud is an important part of helping you to attain them. And, I can see her point.
Like I said, it got me thinking that I should put down some goals for the coming months. So here goes.
- Get back into the habit of writing every day. (This has taken a few hits over the past week or two.)
- Keep better track of how much I’m writing. (Again, I’ve slipped on this too.)
- Be more consistent about the blog site.
- Complete a 1st draft on at least one short story by the end of April.
- Write another book review before the end of April.
And now for the big one.
- Finish the 2nd draft of A House Divided by the end of May.
I do have other goals as well, although those are more on the side of my personal life not my writing life, so I won’t go into those just now. And I fully realize that given my history, I could be setting myself up for disappointment and self-recrimination if I don’t achieve some of those, especially the big one. But I need to do this and I think setting these goals is going to be the best way to motivate myself to do so.