Three weeks ago I posted a short list of things I wanted to try and accomplish in April.
So how I did I do?
Well, as I mentioned in another post, not very good. For the first two weeks following the creation of those goals, I pretty much hit a wall with the day job getting the better of me at the cost of my writing life.
I have managed to turn it around in the last week, as I hoped I would. But it was probably too little, too late, for at least one of the items on the list.
Anyways, here are April’s goals again, how I managed with them and the score I’m giving myself.
- Get back into the habit of writing every day. – Well, I have been doing so in the past week to ten days but before that I was kind of in a dead zone where forward momentum was concerned. 50%
- Keep better track of how much I’m writing. – This one goes pretty much hand in hand with the previous one. When I’ve been writing, I’ve been tracking. When I haven’t, I haven’t. 50%
- Be more consistent about the blog site. – This one is a bit subjective since I never really explained what I mean by consistent. More to the point, I’m not sure I really had a clear thought about it myself. But I have been putting up new blog posts roughly every four days so I think I’ll consider this one a win. 100%
- Complete a 1st draft on at least one short story by the end of April. – Argh. I really wanted to get this one but this is where losing those two weeks really hurt me. All the writing I’ve done since I got my head right was toward this but, unfortunately I didn’t get there. 0%
- Write another book review before the end of April. – This one I did complete and the review is already posted here, on Amazon & Goodreads. 100%
Overall score, 60%. Barely a passing grade.
Here’s to a better score in May…