Now that June is over, it’s time to look back at my goals and grade myself. So here goes…
- Keep improving my daily word count. Based on my tracking sheet, which can be a little slapdash sometimes, my average daily word count was almost (but not quite) double what it had been in May. And this is one where I can be very specific about my score. 78%
- Try a Monday-Wednesday-Friday blog post schedule. Which I did, and which I (somehow) managed to maintain for the whole month. I will admit that there were some evenings where I was struggling and there were a couple posts that seem like filler but I stuck with it. 100%
- Write another book review. In comparison with May, where I wrote 4 reviews, this was definitely a come down. I got one review done in June. I was hoping for a second but for whatever reason, I haven’t been reading as much lately. This is something I should address in July’s goals. The goal does only say another but I’m going to be a harsh grader so… 50%
- Free write as much as possible. I was free writing nearly every day of June, which I’m sure helped with goal 1. More on that here. 100%
- Complete a 1st draft on another House Valerius short story. It helped that I had probably had the majority of A Life Almost Ordinary written before the start of June but I did complete the first draft last weekend so I counting this as a win. 100%
Overall score – 85%
Goals for July should be posted in a couple days.