I was thinking, after some of my recent setbacks, that I should remind myself why I’m doing what I’m doing and what I want to accomplish with it.
- First, and most obvious, to showcase my writing. Whether that be the House Valerius series, miscellaneous other fictions, the book reviews or just my general thoughts on things.
- I want this to act as a conduit, bringing me into contact with diverse other writers, in the hopes that I can learn more about the craft.
- By the same light, I hope that this will also broaden my reading. I’ve already read (and review) a dozen or so books that I might not have found without it.
- Giving back is important. If I can be of any help to someone else through this blog; whether it’s with opinions, a review or just general encouragement, I’ll consider that well worth it. There’s the possibility that this will become a bigger part of things in coming months but more on that another time.
- I want this to help me instill more discipline and good writing habits into me. Which leads me into my last and most important point.
- Pretty much all of the reasons listed above feed into one simple goal; to become a better writer. And that is at the root of all of this.